We are seeking a talented individual to assist in developing, managing, and implementing JMS Wind Energy Health and Safety Programs. This position requires knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety management, accident investigation, and training in the renewable energy industry. The professional will be a member of our safety department, and their responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform job site safety inspections, maintain files, and investigations related to safety and health for JMS Wind Energy.
- Complete comprehensive reports of findings, including corrective actions.
- Monthly Reports.
- Establish and conduct job site orientation for new employees.
- Conduct and lead CORE training for new hires.
- Assist in developing and implementing health and safety programs.
- Must be familiar with federal, state, and local safety laws to ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations.
- Need to be available for incidents after work hours.
- Assist in developing the company’s goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
- Help employees to identify hazards and implement corrective measures.
- Transports injured employees for treatment & testing when needed.
- All incidents, near misses, safety infractions/violations, concerns, etc., are reported to management in a timely manner.
- Compile incident rate data on injuries, accidents, etc.
- Prepare and deliver safety toolbox talks and safety training topics for all employees.
- Prepare, implement, and enforce Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and Activities Hazard Analysis (AHAs).
- Conduct and document job site safety observations.
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety, risk management, or construction is preferred but not required.
- OSHA 500 – preferred.
- OSHA 30 – required.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior related experience – preferred.
- OSHA training and other safety certifications are strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (Clear MVR).
- Ability to travel to job sites throughout North America as required.
- Travel is estimated to be 80%+.
- Proficient in MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Sound judgment and independent decision-making skills are required.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and must be able to work at height, in enclosed or confined spaces, and climb stairs and ladders in a construction/plant environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from the floor to the waist.
- Subject to outside working conditions, hot/cold.
- Per Diem.
- 40-60 hours a week.
- Travel is required.